23 May Facebook Vs Google Display Advertising. Which is best? [INFOGRAPHIC]
Just days after Facebook going public under the IPO (NASDAQ:FB), there are countless discussions around it’s profitability, growth and key revenue streams. Below, WordStream has released the findings of their latest study int he form of an Infographic.
Many are discussing the overall value of social media when compared to other media channels. I for one am a big believer in Social Media, but when large companies like GMC pull $100m of Facebook advertising it’s no surprise to see people question its value. I for one believe that Google & Facebook are fundamentally different and in fact to some extent complementary with regards to the Spreadable & Drill-able media (T) models.
But to the nitty-gritty, who comes out to with regards to Display marketing?
Some of the Highlights include:
- Facebook and Google both have huge potential reach.
- Facebook boasting 1 trillion pageviews per month
- Google owning the world’s largest online display advertising network.
- The average click-through rate (CTR) of an ad on the Google Display Network is 0.4 – almost 10 times as high as the typical Facebook ad.
- Average CTR on Facebook is under 0.05%, this is about half the industry average for online banner ads.
- Google offers twice as many ad formats as Facebook.
- no mobile advertising on Facebook yet…